Getting started in 2 minutes
Get up and running with CtrlB's live debugger!
Getting Started with CtrlB
- 1.Install our VSCode Extension by heading over to the
Extensionstab or press
(Ctrl+Shift+X) for Win/Linux or (Cmd+Shift+X) for Mac.
- 2.Search for
CtrlB, and you'll find the extension. Click on
- 3.If this is your first time, hit the sign-up button and create an account.
- 4.Use these credentials to sign in. You can see your API key by clicking user profile > Profile on the top right.
Import language specific agent
- 6.In the
Applicationspane, select the application you'd like to add tracepoints on.
Select the application in Applications pane
- 7.Open the code for this application in VSCode. Right-click on the line you'd like to trace and click.
CtrlB: Add Trace Point.
It is important you open VSCode editor at the root of the project you want to debug.
I right clicked on line 37 and see the option CtrlB: Add Trace Point
- 8.This would take you to the
Click Put Trace Point
- 9.Trace point gets added.
Trace point gets added
- 10.You can see data captured in the pane whenever this line is triggered again. Click on it to view variable data and stack details.
Snapshot Hits pane